MILL5 is a high-end boutique consulting company. We develop innovative solutions for our customers using the latest and greatest in technology. If you want to learn, be at the forefront of technology, solve challenging problems, and be hands-on, then you will enjoy working at MILL5.
DevOps is a set of software development practices that combines software development (Dev) and information technology operations (Ops) to shorten the software development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently in close alignment with business objectives.
As a DevOps Architect, you will be required to architecture and implement DevOps solutions. The ideal candidate will be able to understand infrastructure as well as write code. The candidate must be able to collaborate with different disciplines, making quality everyone’s job.
This role is seen as a leadership position in the company. Being able to work independently, with customers, and on teams is an important skill. You will be required to maintain a high technical acumen to be seen as an expert to customers and to mentor technical staff. This is definitely a hands-on role. You will be required to maintain your skills. No ivory tower architects here!
- The candidate must be familiar with DevOps practices such as source control, builds, testing, deployments, release management, and monitoring
- The candidate should have experience with container-based applications and DevOps practices using Kubernetes and Docker
- The candidate must have experience in both Windows and Linux
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and/or Ubuntu
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS and Git
- CI/CD experience in one or more tools (Azure DevOps, TFS, Jenkins, Team City, etc.)
- Automated build experience in multiple tools (MS Build, Maven, ANT, etc.)
- Release Management experience with Azure DevOps/TFS
- Scripting experience in multiple languages (Powershell, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of automated testing (Selenium, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Knowledge of infrastructure concepts (IP networking, load balancing, firewalls, etc.)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (Application Insights, Dynatrace, New Relic. etc.)
- Knowledge of development concepts (REST, JSON, etc.)
- Knowledge of source control branch strategies
- Experience with SDLC tools such as Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server (TFS), and Jira
- Must have worked on two or more of the following application types: Mobile, Cloud, Web, or Desktop
- Must be able to architect and implement DevOps solutions
- Must be able to work with multiple stakeholders such as Customers, Architects, Developers, QA, and Operations
- Focus on delivery and a commitment to winning
- Write exceptional code
- Write tests to ensure the quality of code
- Be a part of a team in an Agile development environment
- Must be willing to write documentation
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Azure DevOps, Terraform, Ansible, Octopus Deploy, Puppet, Chef, Helm
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage their own work.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in computer science or related disciplines such as mathematics or engineering.
- Demonstrated history of successful software projects.
- An understanding of containers running on Windows Server 2019
- Knowledge of mixed-container environments that run both Windows and Linux containers
- An understanding of cross-platform development using .NET Core
- Experience with Octopus Deploy
- Experience with mobile development using Xamarin, XCode, and Android Studio
- Experience with APM tools like App Insights, Dynatrace, New Relic, Stackify, RiverBed, etc.
- Experience across two or more platforms such as Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iOS, Android
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze performance and scalability issues.
- Ability to write database scripts such as stored procedures and schema/data migrations.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, Vacation, Flex Time
Bachelors degree or higher preferred
Competitive salary based on skills and experience