MILL5 is a high-end boutique consulting company. We develop innovative solutions for our customers using the latest and greatest in technology. If you want to learn, be at the forefront of technology, solve challenging problems, and be hands-on, then you will enjoy working at MILL5.
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will be responsible for owning customer engagements including architecture design sessions, proofs-of-concept, pilots, and implementations. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management, and Developers to drive cloud deployment and modernization plans.
This role is seen as a leadership position in the company. Being able to work independently, with customers, and on teams is an important skill. You will be required to maintain a high technical acumen to be seen as an expert to customers and to mentor technical staff. This is definitely a hands-on role. You will be required to maintain your skills. No ivory tower architects here!
- The candidate must be fluent in creating API-based applications using REST with .NET, C#, and ASP.NET
- The candidate must understand how to develop cross-platform applications using .NET Core
- The candidate must have experience with container-based applications and DevOps practices using Kubernetes and Docker
- The candidate should have worked with Entity Framework or similar data access frameworks
- The candidate should have an understanding of modern security standards such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, and WS-Federation
- Experience with Identity Server 3.x/4.x and/or ASP.NET Identity is a must
- Must have worked on two or more of the following application types: Mobile, Cloud, Web, or Desktop
- The candidate should be familiar with DevOps practices such as source control, builds, testing, deployments, release management, and monitoring
- An understanding of modern approaches to software development such as microservices and event-driven architectures
- Experience developing applications with the Azure cloud platform using Visual Studio and/or Visual Studio Code
- Experience with SDLC tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS), Azure DevOps, and Jira
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS and Git
- Deliver engagements directly with customers
- Commitment to maintaining customer satisfaction
- Focus on delivery and a commitment to winning
- Be involved in the technical community
- Must be able to work independently or on a team
- Write exceptional code
- Write tests to ensure the quality of code
- Work directly with client stakeholders
- Be a part of a team in an Agile development environment
- Must be willing to write documentation
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage their own work.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in computer science or related disciplines such as mathematics or engineering.
- Demonstrated history of successful software projects.
- Experience with mobile development using Xamarin, XCode, and Android Studio
- Experience with APM tools like App Insights, Dynatrace, New Relic, Stackify, RiverBed, etc.
- Experience across two or more platforms such as Windows, Macintosh, Linux, iOS, Android
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze performance and scalability issues.
- Ability to write database scripts such as stored procedures and schema/data migrations.
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life, Vacation, Flex Time
Bachelors degree or higher preferred
Competitive salary based on skills and experience